Colloidal Silver FAQ

Colloidal SilverWhat does “Colloidal” mean?

The word “Colloidal” refers to something which has a small particle size that when it is suspended (not dissolved) in a liquid medium (such as water). The particles neither sink to the bottom nor float to the top. The particles are also ionic, which means that they have the same molecular charge, so they repel each other. In the case of “Colloidal” Silver (CS), the particles are as small as 1/7,000th the size of a red blood cell, which makes them very easy to assimilate.

What does it do?

Colloidal Silver (CS) is said to be a powerful, natural antibiotic. It has been found to be both a remedy and a prevention for colds, flue, all infections and all fermentation due to any bacteria, fungi or viruses, especially Staph. and Strep., which are often found in disease conditions. It has been reported to rapidly subdue inflammation and promote faster healing. The body needs CS to fight disease-causing organisms and to aid healing. Taken daily, CS may provide a second immune system resulting in more energy, vitality, vigor, relaxation, faster healing and reduced bodily toxins. An artificial antibiotic kills on average 6 different disease organisms, Colloidal Silver is known to kill over 650 diseases without any harmful side effects or toxicity.

What about purity? How long does Colloidal Silver last?

Colloidal Silver doesn’t “spoil” like most other supplements do. Since no organisms can live in CS, nothing can make it spoil or go bad.

So is CS never toxic or dangerous?

CS must be made from water that is free from all minerals or contaminates; otherwise, while it is being made, the silver ions may join with other minerals in the water to form various silver salts, or compounds. Some of these compounds are thought to be toxic to the human body. Our Colloidal Silver is produced with pharmaceutical grade water which is 100% free of all contaminants and minerals.

Has it been medically tested?

Yes! Colloidal Silver has been successfully tested at the UCLA Medical Laboratatories where it killed every virus on which it was tested. Test results from The Health Factory can be obtained upon request, at info@thehealthfactory.com.

What happens if I take too much, can I overdose?

The only negative effect reported by CS users is a phenomenon called the “Herxheimer effect”, named after Dr. Karl Herxheimer (who identified this phenomenon). Sometimes, when a person starts off for the first time ingesting a large amount of CS, the CS is so efficient at killing pathogens in the body that the body cannot adequately dispose of the dead pathogens through the normal eliminative organs, and it resorts to the secondary ones such as the lungs, sinuses and skin. Or the CS user may experience diarrhea, as the body tries to flush the impurities out out. In that case, one merely needs to reduce or temporarily stop the CS until the healing crisis is over, and then start taking smaller amounts of CS. A new European union drinking water standard in draft form has removed any limitations on silver in drinking water, following the World Health Organization’s “Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality” which states, “It is unnecessary to recommend any health based guidelines for silver as it is not hazardous to human health.” According to the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Poison Control Centre, CS is considered harmless. Dr. Samuel Etris, a senior consultant at the Silver Institute, says there have never been any allergenic, toxic or carcinogenic reactions to CS. The United States Government’s Centre for Disease Control confirmed that fact in 1995.

What are the characteristics of CS?

Colloidal Silver is non-toxic, non-addictive substance. It has no side effects, the body develops no tolerance and one cannot overdose. Colloidal Silver cannot cause harm to the liver, kidneys or any other organs to the body. It is safe for pregnant and nursing women and even aids the developing foetus in growth and health, as well as easing the mother’s delivery and recovery. CS is odorless, tasteless, non-stinging and harmless to eyes, contains no free radicals, is harmless to human enzymes and has no reaction with other medications. It aids in the regeneration of damaged cells and tissues, helps prevent colds, flue and organism caused diseases. In other words, it’s truly the perfect antibiotic and disease-prevention remedy!